Mater Foundation delivers a tradition of care grounded in values of compassion, dignity for all, and quality.
Its philanthropic footprint extends to our tiniest and most vulnerable patients, contributing to:
- life-saving equipment, research and support to more than 2,000 very ill and premature babies cared for at Mater’s Neonatal Critical Care Unit (NCCU) each year;
- Catherine’s House, a dedicated perinatal mental health service for mothers, babies and families;
- world-class cancer research, treatment and patient support;
- dedicated adolescence and young adulthood services;
- pioneering neuroscience, neurosurgery and expert support;
- extensive chronic health condition responses; and
- specialised healthcare and support services for vulnerable communities including First Nations Peoples and refugees.